Monday, June 11, 2007

Dear Lyzako,

You know, I was able to get 'almost okay' just fine, hmmm...maybe I should call it 'just fine'?...hmmm...

Anyway, I don't know what Louis was talking about. Now all I have to do is publicize it in my last three Goldmine cartoons. I'm planning on colorizing the next one and posting it with alternate text from the Goldmine Five Star. I also want to post some journal entries, some of the letters to Lyzako, and misc. writing that I can illustrate. Picks and pans, likes and dislikes, rants and raves, etc., anything I feel like doing with no pressure.

Of course, you're in for whatever it is you want to do. I like the idea of journal entries, and I don't know if you want to introduce the lady bomb thing here since that is pretty much it's own entity. There's room for a short story with illustrations. Maybe even post Del one shots. Whatever you feel like doing. I'm going to try and approach it as something that I do 'as time allows' and not create any deadline pressure for myself and just plain see what happens. Probably nothing will, but you never know. At least it gives me an outlet to do some freebie cartooning, and a place where I can share some of my demented thoughts without editorial constraint.

And what about a diary account of your cross country move? Just fodder for thought.

Oddly enough, I'm moderately excited about getting it going.

As Always, Warm Regards,
Marty Sherman

No comments: