Saturday, July 7, 2007

Numerology Be Damned

Seven cups of coffee
Sick jitters in my gut
Seven hours of useless toil
I drag my tired butt

Seven beers at Happy Hour
It's Saturday after all
Seven minutes drive to home
Be cool, go slow, don't stall

Seven more, a shot or two
There's nothing on TV
Seven sitcom reruns hence
I take my seventh pee

Seven times I try to call
And never once get through
Seven voice mails left for her
The last two just “Guess who?”

Seven soggy breaded shrimp
Served cold in a carryout box
Seven chunks of moldy cheese
Orange marmalade on my socks

Seven hours of restless sleep
I turn and toss and turn
Seven anxious evil dreams
In Hell I see me burn

Then to Sunday, the seventh day
My single day of ease
Seven more in front of me
My heart, my soul, disease

-Ye Olde Blowharde

No comments: